Friday, September 16, 2011

Pushing Myself

This week has definitely been a struggle to keep up my morning walking routine.
Crawling out of bed and heading out 
in the dark is never easy, 
but the warm sticky weather all week has made it very tempting 
just skip the walk altogether 
and enjoy an hour extra sleep.
But I did  manage to push myself every day and hit the pavement, 
albeit a little slower heading out,
managing only 3k - 4k instead of my usual 5k
... but at least I moved which is better than nothing.

~Just Move!~

This morning, by the time I headed out the door wearing
just crop pants and a tank top 
under my reflective vest, 
it had already started to rain, the wind had picked up 
and it was actually quite cold for a change.

Being already late getting started I went back in the house
and hung my hat, ready to give my walk a pass due to the rain,
but I must be conditioned to walk...
In spite of the time,
I geared up in my rain clothes 
and headed out...
And I'm glad I did.
  Although I only had time to get in a 3k walk,
it was the best walk I've had all week. 
The air was fresh and wonderfully cool and the rain was
...well it was wet...
but 
quite
refreshing.

Happy walking,
Marisa

No comments: