Saturday, September 3, 2011

"The early bird catches the worm."
&
"The early walker catches the vistas."

On a recent camping trip, I was awake a 5:30am...not sure if it was my internal alarm or the haunting cry of a chipmunk that woke me, but I was up and ready to hike around the island. The hubby who over indulged on roasted wieners and marshmallows the night before wasn't up for a walk and opted to stay cocooned in his sleeping bag while I set off on my own.
As I customarily do, I gave him a time to expect me back, after which he should send out a search party if I failed to show up by the set time.


Here is what one misses by sleeping in...












Although I had allowed time for off the path excursions and photo taking, I would have stayed longer but ended up rushing to make it back to the campsite before hubby started to worry. I was late getting back but hubby, far from being worried,was snoring away with not a concern in the world about my whereabouts... gotta love him!


For more Six World Saturdays, join our host, Cate at Show My Face.

11 comments:

Tinman said...

They are really beautiful photos Marisa, that time of the morning is so lovely.

I'm fascinated by the "haunting cry of a chipmunk", sounds so much more fun than "being woken up by a yapping dog in the next street".

Unknown said...

I'm not normally a morning person, having said that, for the last few weeks I've been getting up early for work reasons and I find myself actually appreciating the early hours.

Your pics are beautiful and your hubby - classic!

Ron. said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I'm a sucker for stillwater mirrors. Well done. keep on truckin, lady!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Those are some great vistas, Ms. Early Walker!

6WS: Insomnia

insomnia said...

Nice pics. My town doesn't look that pretty.

Unknown said...

Love the ducklings!

Unknown said...

these are beautiful!

a teacup said...

visiting from 6-word Saturday. Beautiful area you were camping at! I can imagine that time of the morning it would be serene as you enjoyed your morning walk!

hope the weekend is a good one!

21 Wits said...

Oh for sure, unless you're sleeping on one of those! Rocking you ever so gently into waking up!

Maude Lynn said...

What gorgeous pictures!

Call Me Cate said...

Such beautiful photos! I especially like the second one - the colors are so beautiful. My husband is an early morning guy and when he goes for a run, he also leaves me a time when to expect him back. He also gives me a hard time about all the amazing sights I miss.

Thanks for playing 6WS!