Monday, February 13, 2012

Man...It's Cold Out There

The thermometer read minus 15 
but that didn't factor in 
the wind chill factor
this morning.

After all the freezing rain followed by snow we got Saturday night, 
our road is pretty slick with ice which meant taking extra
precautions before heading out for my walk this morning.
Up until now we've had a easy winter,
so this morning was the first time I had to try out my new
ice and snow traction aids which were given to me by a friend for Christmas.

They worked great...no slips or falls with my
"DueNorth" traction aids on.

As my father used to say...
"It's cold enough to freeze the nuts off a monkey wrench!"

Actually,
he had a lot more colorful things to say about the cold, 
but none fit to publish here.
But you get the picture...it was pretty damn cold
...not too bad going
but coming back with the wind in my face was painful
and I managed only a 15 minute walk.

Happy walking,
Marisa

No comments: