Friday, February 3, 2012

It's A Start!

The hubby was away, 
but that didn't stop me from heading back to the pond after work 
to try out my skates. We had cleared the snow off the ice twice,
but had yet to actually skate on it.
There was evidence that someone
had been enjoying the 
fruits of our labor.
Glad to see the boys have been playing hockey,
although the ice must have been a little soft
as it was quite cut up.
...one on.
...two on.
Up I go.

After over 15 years of not being on the ice,
it took me all but five minutes
to find out...
  
I can't skate
...I seem to have forgotten that!
Skates make my feet hurt like hell.
It's not that much fun skating alone.
I slipped my boots back on 
and gave the ice 
another scrape...
and 
headed home 
as
it was getting dark
...but I'm going back tomorrow.
Maybe
I'll keep
my skates on
ten
minutes.
Happy walking,
Marisa

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks beautiful! And it was a start!