Friday, January 4, 2013

Starting Slowly...A New Years Resolution

Just over six years ago I started on a plan to to loose weight and get healthy and managed to drop thirty pounds through exercise and eating well, and kept it off for the most part...aside from the yearly "Christmas Creep" where I let my diet go to "Hell in a hand basket" and let those festive 10 pounds settle in only to spend the next few months working them back off again.

To loose those initial 30 pounds I bought everything I thought I needed to set up a home gym in my basement, and for awhile I used it on a regular basis. However, the last few years I found that I enjoyed getting outside and walking every day for exercise more, so my little gym became more of a junk room than a gym, and my equipment became nothing more than dust collectors...which was fine as long as I was walking.

My daily walking routine however has slowly petered out over the past year to the point where I am now not walking at all. I entered this Christmas season already over weight and out of shape and easily ate my way to a few more extra pounds. Although I really enjoyed myself while putting them on I am now faced with the task of getting them back off.  Not only do have my own inner voice telling me I need to smarten up, I now have my doctor's voice singing in the choir as well. Making the choice of exercising, eating well and feeling and looking better over continuing on  my present path of feeling lousy while adding to the already fat pockets of the pharmaceutical companies should be a no brainer...right!

After a slow start, I have made only one small but obtainable New Years resolution...

"to clear a path to my exercise room"

...what follows is all up to me.

I can now get into my little gym and move around.
All the boxes I've been tossing in there during our kitchen renovation over the last few months are gone
...actually, they've just migrated to the garage
... but they are the hubby's problem now. 

 

...it's ready and waiting!
 









No comments: