Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunday Morning Coming Down

Not everyone was bright eyed and bushy tailed 
on an early Sunday morning! 


I enjoyed all the Dame's Rocket
growing along the 
road way.
I had mistakenly identified these flowers as Wild Phlox until I was corrected
 by my daughter Grace
who has a keen interest in all things wild,
plant and animal.


...would love to dig some up to take home to
 get established in front of my house.


I do have Lupins...
but these look especially beautiful with the 
old barn in the background.


...a bank of Lupins, Poppies and Irises 
...with and good mix of weeds and grasses.


One of the things I like best about this time of the year are the endless fields coming to life.
The cloudy day really brings out the intense green of the fields and hills and the fog hanging over the North Mountain makes it look mystical.

Normally the fields around here are planted with just one crop, soy beans, corn or potatoes like the field above, so I was surprised to find this one planted with a good mix of vegetables...an assortment of lettuces, broccoli, Kale, beets, cabbages and potatoes.


It makes my little veggie patch
 look kind of puny 
...doesn't it?

3 comments:

Grace said...

Love the horses. Are you sure that's wild pholx and not dame's rocket?

Marisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marisa said...

You're right...it is Dame's Rocket which is often mistaken for Wild Phlox. Dame's Rocket has 4 petals while Wild Phlox has 5.