Monday, February 25, 2013

Piggie Shoes


After going almost a month "coffee free" and "wheat free", 
a weekend in PEI 
visiting my daughter and son in law quickly
flushed all my accomplishments 
down the toilet.

 I was taught as a youngster that 
as a guest in someone's house,
 one was to politely eat what ever was offered, 
unless of course 
it was detrimental to one's health.

I would never think to impose my latest dietary "whim" 
on some one else
...and certainly no one had to twist my arm to get me
 to eat all that breaded seafood 
and yummy squares at the Chinese buffet,
...nor did anyone ride shotgun 
and force me to go up four times.
..and I would never turn up my nose at 
my daughter's Blondie Squares
 topped with Peanut Butter icecream.
...I'm way too polite for that. :) 

Now a week later, I am still eating wheat 
and I am back on the coffee,
although only one a day.
...but tomorrow is another day and 
a new start to going wheat free,
coffee free
and commit once again to exercising at least four times a week.

  I have found that running barefoot on the tread,
while not being very safe,
 is easier than running while wearing sneakers.
While it feels more natural going bare,
without a barrier,
callouses quickly become an issue as
 well as the increased
risk for stress fractures.
 I have been considering for a while purchasing a pair of
 barefoot running shoes
but chickened out
and settled for something more conservative
for my little piggies.



Women's-vibram-five-fingers-sprint


Reebok RealFlex
...super light and with purple and neon orange
...still pretty wild.

No comments: